



MY DOG...
My little black boy, His birth certificate says Elijah Lenny, chocolate toy poodle. The truth is he is not chocolate, he is black. I call him Eli, monkey, cookie and a few other names that have slipped my mind at the moment. Elijah is the cutest toy poodle that I have ever seen. I am not just saying this because he is my dog, he really is. Wherever I go people always stop us and go crazy over him. Elijah is not only the cutest ever but his personality is so funny. This dog is more human than dog. For instance, he refuses to eat by himself. He will only eat when I sit down to eat. Elijah never begs for food, does not eat people food. Okay, maybe a veggie or when my sister watches him she feeds him Cheerios.
Elijah is a very lucky dog. I feel that I saved his life. I bought Elijah from a woman who called herself a breeder. This woman was somewhat odd. Her house was really dirty, syringes and needles were all over the place. She h ad Elijah and his brother, both were six months old. Elijah had a puppy cut his brother had a poodle cut. Well I fell in love with the little guy that did not have that terrible poodle haircut. I made a deal with the odd woman. My sister, this cute little dog and I went on our way. Well the minute we drove away I got this horrible feeling in my stomach. I thought to myself, what did I just do, why did I leave with a dog. Well to make a long story short and sweet I can not imagine living without my little guy.
A day in the life of Elijah..... Elijah has two beds, too many toys, a few shirts, several leashes, only wears a harness, and even has some bling. He also has a very loving aunt who he adores. His aunt watches him when I have to go away. He gets a bath once a week, has his hair done at least once a month, wears doggie cologne(apricot fig..smells really nice). Elijah used to spend the day at a doggie day care called Phoebe & Friends. He really loved to spend his dog days with his other doggie friends. One day I picked Elijah up and he seemed to be somewhat down. When we got home he ran into the corner. I was wondering if one of the other dogs maybe laughed at his new haircut or something. Well I picked him up and he cried as if he was hurt. I called Phoebe & Friends to inquire. They told me that one of the larger dogs was playing and jumped on Elijah. I was somewhat shocked that they did not inform me of what happened when I picked him up. To me it is like picking up your kid at day care. I would think that if my kid hurt another kid they would tell me when I picked him up. Well I guess it is different with animals. My poor little guy was so traumatized for a few months. He did not want to leave my house, not even for a walk. SO now Elijah stays home all day by himself and watches the Disney Channel.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home