Monday, September 05, 2005

September 5, 2005.....

Where I have been you ask..... Well I slept for a day and a half. Let me back up and explain why I slept so much. On Saturday I went to a Bat Miztvah. For those of you that do not know what a Bat or Bar Mitzvah is I will briefly educate you. A Bar Mitzvah is for a boy and a Bat Mitzvah is for a girl. The literal meaning of Bar/Bat Mitzvah is "commandment age" or age of majority. Historically Bar Mitzvah and later Bat Mitzvah is the ceremonial occasion that marks the time when a young person is recognized as an adult in the Jewish community and is responsible for performing mitzvot. For example before children are Bar/Bat Mitzvah, they do not need to fast on Yom Kippur. However after bar/bat mitzvah, they are required to fulfill this mitzvah. Over time the Bar/Bat Mitzvah celebration party has evolved. The custom is to serve a special meal to commemorate the mitzvah taking place. Moreover with extended families spread out over the country, the Bar/Bat Mitzvah is also an opportunity for families to reunite and spend time together.

The Bat Mitzvah celebration was at the Parrot Jungle which was a really nice affair. Okay, back to why I slept for a day and a half. I drank a little too much at the party. Not only did I drink too much but I drank too much of a variety. Variety is the spice to life but I guess not when drinking. I also made friends with Joseph the bartender so he was bringing me drinks throughout the day. So the party was a lot of fun, it was nice to spend time with friends from work outside of work.

So we left the Bat Mitzvah around 5:30, my sister had to drive my car home. I really do not remember the drive home. I do recall having the spins as we approached my parking spot. I was just praying that I would make it home in time. I made it home, my sister took Elijah out for a walk and somehow I took my dress off and ended up in bed. Before I knew it that feeling came, the feeling that most of us have had. I felt a storm brewing in my stomach. Before I knew it the storm was about to start. I did not have time to plan for the storm. I got out of bed and I guess I was not fast enough. I hate to share this with you but I did not make it to the bathroom.

I was very lucky, I still had several towels on the floor from the hurricane so the towels became my toilet. It was not a pretty site. I did feel much better afterwards. My sister came back with Elijah, I was in bed by the time they got back. I was not well enough to clean up the artwork I left behind. I felt really bad that my sister was about to enter some of the worst eye candy ever. I can laugh now but what a mess. I recall telling her to just throw out the towels. She did not listen and thought she was doing me a favor by putting the towels in the washing machine, BIG MISTAKE. My washing machine now looked like a clogged sink. I had to put it on the wash cycle with bleach twice. Okay, so the lesson learned was: do not drink a variety of drinks, stick to one, NEVER put towels with vomit in the washing machine.

My sister and I



My friend David and I
Ahh.. you want to know who that adorable boy is. That is Joshua, the son of Mark. Mark and I work together. The party Wendy and David

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home