

NO Starbucks.... Today was the first day without a Starbucks. Something did not seem right this morning when I took a right instead of a left. It was almost as if my car wanted to take a right and take me to Starbucks. Well I am drinking a Latte which I made at work. It is not as good but I did stop to buy ground cinnamon to help improve the taste of my latte. I think the cinnamon will be a hit with the clowns that I work with. Actually, they might not get what the cinnamon is for. What else can I share with you this morning.... Okay, I took Elijah (my little black man) for a walk by the marina this morning. He peed but was eager to get in. I think he might be freaked out by the weather. Living in South Florida we get the pleasure of experiencing Hurricane Season. Hurricane Katrina is headed our way. It never fails, we always get these hurricanes on a Friday which destroys our weekend. The preparation is such a pain in the ass. Living in a condo you have to bring all your shit in your house, nothing can be left on your balcony. Sometimes we are in a mandatory evacuation zone which means you MUST leave the area. I have never left and to date we have been very lucky. It is something to experience, the winds are so strong and the rain is unreal. The street outside my building actually turns into a river.
My preparation consists of the following:
1. Head to the liquor store to stock up on bottled wine and vodka. Most people buy bottled water at the grocery store.
2. Go to the Epicure Market(wonderful gourmet market) to stock up on food that needs to be refrigerated, cheese, crackers and other gourmet items. Most people stock up on canned goods due to the fact that the power will go out.
3. As you can see I do the complete opposite of what should be done, go figure.
4. Just relax and enjoy natures show.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home