Friday, September 9, 2005
I am officeless, not homeless... Although I feel lost, no place to go.
The upper management of my office decided (overnight) to do some demolition. I hope no one from the City of Miami Beach building department reads my blog. Okay, back to being without my office. I will have a new office again, not right now but in the distant future. You see, I can care less. Several other people did not like the idea of what is about to take place. I will be sharing an office with someone. I do not have any issues with sharing but I really do feel bad that I am invading his space.
We get along great, he is so funny so this might make for some interesting blogging.
So I am in my new space, our desks face one another, we face one another. I find it funny to be facing him. I wonder how he feels, does he think it is funny? He is actually in a meeting right now so it is my office for the time being.
Would it be crazy if I sent out invitations for an office warming party? Would I have to invite everyone from the office or can I just invite the people I want to enter my new space? Can I invite the outside world? What would be appropriate?
I was told not to get to work at seven this morning. You can tell me whatever you want but I am a creature of habit. I even wake up before my alarm clock. So I decided to get to work at 7:15. Well I went to what used to be my office but the only thing I found was my computer on the floor. So now I am sitting in the kitchen waiting for a human being to enter the doors to HELL. I am using my powerbook right now. I bring it with me to work, part of my entourage. Another mistake I made. I have keys to everyone's office which I keep in my desk. Well my desk is now in my new office and the door is locked!! I will have to wait for my officemate to arrive. The next issue I will have today is my phone. I was told that the phone guy will be here today to install a line in my new space. Did you see the movie Office Space?
I have my bottle of water to my left, computer in the middle, and my Starbucks to my right. The coffee has made it to the microwave twice and I can tell you that it will be warmed up five more times.
Have you ever thought about the silverware, glasses and other shared objects in restaurants? Does it freak you out the way it freaks me out. I often wonder if these utensils are cleaned properly. When was the last time the dishwasher was checked to see if it operates at the correct temperature? I don't know but things like this scare me. How about straws that are not wrapped in paper?
This is just not right, hundreds of hands touching your straw. This is the only way a straw should be delivered to you... WRAPPED
Do you really want your server touching your straw? How do you know that the box of unwrapped straws did not fall on the floor? Would it be crazy if I brought my own canteen set into a restaurant? This way I know that my fork, knife, spoon, cup are clean and free of germs.
I do not think it would be so bad if I walked into a restaurant with this.
I am officeless, not homeless... Although I feel lost, no place to go.
The upper management of my office decided (overnight) to do some demolition. I hope no one from the City of Miami Beach building department reads my blog. Okay, back to being without my office. I will have a new office again, not right now but in the distant future. You see, I can care less. Several other people did not like the idea of what is about to take place. I will be sharing an office with someone. I do not have any issues with sharing but I really do feel bad that I am invading his space.
We get along great, he is so funny so this might make for some interesting blogging. So I am in my new space, our desks face one another, we face one another. I find it funny to be facing him. I wonder how he feels, does he think it is funny? He is actually in a meeting right now so it is my office for the time being.
Would it be crazy if I sent out invitations for an office warming party? Would I have to invite everyone from the office or can I just invite the people I want to enter my new space? Can I invite the outside world? What would be appropriate?
I was told not to get to work at seven this morning. You can tell me whatever you want but I am a creature of habit. I even wake up before my alarm clock. So I decided to get to work at 7:15. Well I went to what used to be my office but the only thing I found was my computer on the floor. So now I am sitting in the kitchen waiting for a human being to enter the doors to HELL. I am using my powerbook right now. I bring it with me to work, part of my entourage. Another mistake I made. I have keys to everyone's office which I keep in my desk. Well my desk is now in my new office and the door is locked!! I will have to wait for my officemate to arrive. The next issue I will have today is my phone. I was told that the phone guy will be here today to install a line in my new space. Did you see the movie Office Space?
I have my bottle of water to my left, computer in the middle, and my Starbucks to my right. The coffee has made it to the microwave twice and I can tell you that it will be warmed up five more times.
Have you ever thought about the silverware, glasses and other shared objects in restaurants? Does it freak you out the way it freaks me out. I often wonder if these utensils are cleaned properly. When was the last time the dishwasher was checked to see if it operates at the correct temperature? I don't know but things like this scare me. How about straws that are not wrapped in paper?
This is just not right, hundreds of hands touching your straw. This is the only way a straw should be delivered to you... WRAPPED
Do you really want your server touching your straw? How do you know that the box of unwrapped straws did not fall on the floor? Would it be crazy if I brought my own canteen set into a restaurant? This way I know that my fork, knife, spoon, cup are clean and free of germs.
I do not think it would be so bad if I walked into a restaurant with this.

1 Comments:
LMAO.
Post a Comment
<< Home