September 2, 2005....
I guess you could say I am somewhat of a food snob, a (foodie). I enjoy trying new restaurants, from a hole in the wall to five star restaurants. I feel that a meal is not complete without a great glass, I mean bottle of wine, either red or white. Actually, I could also say I enjoy a good cocktail, being a dirty martini, bloody Mary or a Margarita. I am always in search of the perfect drink. I seem to always get disappointed when I order let's say a Margarita. Why can't I find a great, natural Margarita, enough of that artificial crap, sour mix.. why? Can't a bartender just use fresh lime? I really don't get it.

When I ask for a dirty Martini I mean "dirty", pour in the olive juice, don't be shy. Alright, if you can not get the ingredients right how difficult is it to garnish a drink properly. A dirty Maritini needs an olive garnish. It would not hurt if the olives were stuffed with blue cheese. A Bloody Mary requires celery, lime and or lemon... maybe an olive if you are lucky.
Oh,, and what is with the salt when you order a Margarita, KOSHER SALT, duh. Am I asking for too much?
So let's get back to food and wine. As you know I live in Miami Beach. If you do not know then let me tell you that Miami Beach has an abundant amount of great restaurants. Miami Beach also has something called the Food and Wine Festival every year.
This year it will take place on February 24-26. The event is right on the beach under several large tents. It is actually beautiful, hearing the ocean, the breeze and hopefully no rain. 

If you are into food and wine then this is something you should not miss. This event features some of the South Floridas top chef's who prepare their specialties to be sampled. Should I mention the different varieties and regions of wine and other spirits? One could get very drunk if they so desire. There are also seminars which are given by some well know chefs, Emeril, Rachel Ray, Paula Dean, Anthony Bourdain and so many others. 
Okay, let me talk about Anthony. I might have a crush on this guy. He is very talented, has several restaurants, wrote many books and has a great show on the Travel Channel called No Reservations.

This show is so great that I Tivo it.
Last year I must have consumed one too many glasses of wine. I saw Anthony signing his books and decided that it would be appropriate to interrupt and ask him if I could take a picture with him!! Usually I would never do something like that, but I did... He seemed more than willing to stop what he was doing and allow my sister to take our picture.
The picture was not enough for me. I asked him if he would allow me to make dinner for him... guess what... I just made that up. This year I will consume more than last year and who knows, maybe Anthony will come home and sample some of my creations.
I guess you could say I am somewhat of a food snob, a (foodie). I enjoy trying new restaurants, from a hole in the wall to five star restaurants. I feel that a meal is not complete without a great glass, I mean bottle of wine, either red or white. Actually, I could also say I enjoy a good cocktail, being a dirty martini, bloody Mary or a Margarita. I am always in search of the perfect drink. I seem to always get disappointed when I order let's say a Margarita. Why can't I find a great, natural Margarita, enough of that artificial crap, sour mix.. why? Can't a bartender just use fresh lime? I really don't get it.


When I ask for a dirty Martini I mean "dirty", pour in the olive juice, don't be shy. Alright, if you can not get the ingredients right how difficult is it to garnish a drink properly. A dirty Maritini needs an olive garnish. It would not hurt if the olives were stuffed with blue cheese. A Bloody Mary requires celery, lime and or lemon... maybe an olive if you are lucky.
Oh,, and what is with the salt when you order a Margarita, KOSHER SALT, duh. Am I asking for too much?So let's get back to food and wine. As you know I live in Miami Beach. If you do not know then let me tell you that Miami Beach has an abundant amount of great restaurants. Miami Beach also has something called the Food and Wine Festival every year.



Okay, let me talk about Anthony. I might have a crush on this guy. He is very talented, has several restaurants, wrote many books and has a great show on the Travel Channel called No Reservations.

This show is so great that I Tivo it.
Last year I must have consumed one too many glasses of wine. I saw Anthony signing his books and decided that it would be appropriate to interrupt and ask him if I could take a picture with him!! Usually I would never do something like that, but I did... He seemed more than willing to stop what he was doing and allow my sister to take our picture.
The picture was not enough for me. I asked him if he would allow me to make dinner for him... guess what... I just made that up. This year I will consume more than last year and who knows, maybe Anthony will come home and sample some of my creations.
1 Comments:
tony bourdain is a sexy beast! yes, you should cook for him.
Post a Comment
<< Home