Thursday, August 25, 2005










KATRINA HAS ARRIVED.... What a Nasty Bitch
Well Katrina has made her entrance, no red carpet involved... Just WIND and RAIN, lots of both. The nice thing about these hurricanes is the following:
If there is a hurricane warning then most likely there will be no work.
Great photo opportunity
An excuse to hang out with friends, drink, eat, listen to music and watch movies
The negatives of hurricanes:
People freak out
Publix sells out of everything and closes early
Cable goes out
Electric goes out
Restaurants close
Can't walk your dog
You seem to forget about the essentials, batteries, candles, bottled water... I just bought wine, vodka and rum.. Maybe AA is in my future.
Okay, so my sister and I leave work at noon and go have lunch. We both have a bloody Mary to celebrate Katrina's visit. Lunch was nice, we sat outside under the awning and watched the wind and rain. After lunch we attempted to go to Publix which was closing early. There weren't any parking spots so we decided to go to the Epicure which is a gourmet market. We were able to get a parking spot at the Epicure which turned into a lake. We both got soaked. The Epicure is always a scene but due to the Hurricane it was really a scene. As we approached the deli counter there was a group of people with about three huge body guards. It took my sister and I one second to identify who this group of people were. It was the group N.E.R.D.., the Neptunes, Pharrell Williams??? Well they are really good, they sing a song called Lapdance as well as many other songs. I actually have their CD and familiar with a lot of the artists they have produced, love them. I really wanted to take a picture but I did not have the nerve. PHarrel is actually really adorable. Outside the Epicure was Pharrell's car waiting for him. It was a brand new Rolls Royce Phantom, picture will be posted. Well now it is just a waiting game.... More to come later. Just remembered something. This is what happens when you spend the day drinking, you forget important details. So my sister and I have lunch and run a few important hurricane errands, the liquor store and food. We were supposed to go to the Mandarin Oriental to pick up our MTV Video Music Award Tickets. Well we were about to go over the causeway when we realized that we must be on crack. It was so windy and raining like the world was coming to an end. We decided to turn around and go home. I was actually impressed with our decision. We finally did something right. SO yes, my sister and I are once again going to the MTV Music Awards. We went last year and had a great time. I think this year is going to be much better. Hopefully by Sunday night Katrina (such a bitch) will have departed South Florida. South Florida always welcomes visitors but Katrina, Andrew, and all of those other visitors are not welcome, STAY AWAY....Oh yes, we are also going to a party Saturday night which Jamie Foxx will be hosting. I am sure it will be a lot of fun and great people watching Pictures to come.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home