Thursday, September 29, 2005

Thursday, September 29, 2005

Last night I found this woman's blog that is sooo funny. She is from Korea but has lived in the US, went to Berkeley. She is a chef and also travels a lot. Anyway, It was a lot of fun to read. It just so happens that was the last thing I did prior to falling asleep. Thanks to her I traveled to Japan last night. I had the funniest dreams due to her blog. Anyway, I will post the link, http://suddenlysusaninkorea.blogspot.com. So I am reading Susan's blog, laughing out loud until I read this. Lunch at les chiots near dosan park. fancy "european" food from a japanese chef who used to work in a 3-michelin star restaurant. "les chiots" means puppies, which is what we ate for lunch.
This is from Susan's blog... click on it to read the drinks.

I know Koreans eat dogs but must you write about it. I wonder what kind they eat. Is it a special breed made for eating? I have to engage in conversation with my father's wife, which would be my stepmother but due to many factors we call her Helen. Helen as you know is from Korea. The more I read Susan's blog the more interested I am in Korea. It actually sounds like a great country to visit. My questions to Helen would be: Have you ever had a dog for dinner? If so, what breed and how was he or she prepared? Can you choose the sex of your dog, does a male or female taste better? I would like to see a menu from a restaurant that serves dog. Do you pick from a list of names, Oscar grilled with bbq sauce served on a bed of kibble. Lucy broiled with a mango chutney served on a bed greens. I don't know.

I did some research and found this disturbing article.

If I told you In South Korea, it is common to eat dogs. This is not done in a humane manner, but by torturing them to death by hanging, strangulation, and beatings with such objects as bricks, large rocks, heavy rod-like objects and electrocution. They do this for long periods of time in order to terrorize and cause great suffering to the animal. They die a very slow and painful death. This brutal execution is done to dogs, because many South Koreans believe the flesh from a dog who is tortured to death has aphrodisiac qualities and tastes better. Some South Koreans torture cats by hitting them on the head repeatedly with hammers, by placing them in sacks which are then pounded on the ground, or by other methods that produce slow and painful death. Dead cats are cooked along with ginger, dates and chestnuts to make a brown paste or "Liquid Cat" which is foolishly thought by many South Koreans to be a remedy for rheumatism and joint problems,"
WHAT WOULD YOU DO?
If we are to do anything, we MUST do it NOW.

I know everyone wants to know my computer situation, right. Anthony, you know I love you BUT.....My message today is as follows....Unable to display folder. Host not found. Perhaps it is me, Perhaps it is you, who knows.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

World Venture Summit- The Second Day
Filed in archive Venture Capital The next day offers a panel discussion on how to bridge the gap between the US and international venture capital.
This is a informative blog. You clearly have put some time into this! A lot of people are searching for information on Low Back Pain How to stop Low Back Pain

7:50 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's horrible. Koreans don't eat dogs. That's just an old wise tell to scare off you stupid white folk.

9:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home