Monday, October 10, 2005
Health Insurance.... NEVER get an HMO, such a pain in the ass. HMOs typically provide no coverage for care received from non-network physicians (with exceptions for emergency care while traveling, etc.). PPO members are not required to stay within the PPO network, but there is usually a strong financial incentive to do so. For example, the PPO may reimburse 90 percent of costs for care received within the network, but only 70 percent of costs for non-network care. The moral of the story is if you have any type of condition which might require medical attention, go for a PPO. I unfortunately have an HMO and a really bad back. I am in the process of trying to switch from an HMO to a PPO.
I received a call today from Dr. Eismont's office and they would see on Wednesday but due to my shitty insurance there is a process involved. The process is as follows:
Call primary care physician for a referral. Nine out of ten times it will take at least a few days to get the referral. I do not have a few days. Today is Monday, my appointment is for Wednesday.
The referral has to be sent to the specialist and then there is another crazy process that you have to go through. Just keep your fingers and toes crossed.
Besides all this crap life is beautiful. Even if it is not I am still going with Life is Beautiful (great film) . It is a waste of time to bitch and complain and people really don't want to hear about it. They might seem interested but you know they really don't give a shit.
I hope to see the doctor on Wednesday. When he asks me questions like how are you feeling, do I tell him the truth or do I say everything is great? I think I should tell him the truth.
On a different note... I met this guy about six years ago, maybe longer. He lives in California. He knows who he is. Anyway, he and I developed a friendship right away, almost as if we have known one another. We would talk on the phone for hours every night. He is a musician so he would sing and play me songs that he wrote. Oh, I met him on AOL. We never met in person until maybe a year or so later. He was going on a cruise out of Ft. Lauderdale so we made a plan to meet. I picked him up at his hotel, took him to the cruise to drop off his luggage and then we went to eat lunch on 17th street. To make a long story short, Scott and I still exchange emails. He and I will always be friends, he has a good heart. Scottie... you are a good guy. I hate to say this but my pale purple area rug has had its day.
Health Insurance.... NEVER get an HMO, such a pain in the ass. HMOs typically provide no coverage for care received from non-network physicians (with exceptions for emergency care while traveling, etc.). PPO members are not required to stay within the PPO network, but there is usually a strong financial incentive to do so. For example, the PPO may reimburse 90 percent of costs for care received within the network, but only 70 percent of costs for non-network care. The moral of the story is if you have any type of condition which might require medical attention, go for a PPO. I unfortunately have an HMO and a really bad back. I am in the process of trying to switch from an HMO to a PPO.
I received a call today from Dr. Eismont's office and they would see on Wednesday but due to my shitty insurance there is a process involved. The process is as follows:
Call primary care physician for a referral. Nine out of ten times it will take at least a few days to get the referral. I do not have a few days. Today is Monday, my appointment is for Wednesday.
The referral has to be sent to the specialist and then there is another crazy process that you have to go through. Just keep your fingers and toes crossed.
Besides all this crap life is beautiful. Even if it is not I am still going with Life is Beautiful (great film) . It is a waste of time to bitch and complain and people really don't want to hear about it. They might seem interested but you know they really don't give a shit.
I hope to see the doctor on Wednesday. When he asks me questions like how are you feeling, do I tell him the truth or do I say everything is great? I think I should tell him the truth.
On a different note... I met this guy about six years ago, maybe longer. He lives in California. He knows who he is. Anyway, he and I developed a friendship right away, almost as if we have known one another. We would talk on the phone for hours every night. He is a musician so he would sing and play me songs that he wrote. Oh, I met him on AOL. We never met in person until maybe a year or so later. He was going on a cruise out of Ft. Lauderdale so we made a plan to meet. I picked him up at his hotel, took him to the cruise to drop off his luggage and then we went to eat lunch on 17th street. To make a long story short, Scott and I still exchange emails. He and I will always be friends, he has a good heart. Scottie... you are a good guy. I hate to say this but my pale purple area rug has had its day.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home