Sunday, October 09, 2005

Sunday, October 9, 2005

Typical Sunday... gym and run errands. Today while I was out my cell rang and it was a number I did not recognize. Usually I let the call go to voicemail but for some strange reason I answered it. It was my cousin calling me from his friend's house who happens to be a very well know back surgeon. He did Gloria Estefan's surgery. Last week I dropped off my MRI's and CAT scans of my back to my cousin. He told me he would bring them to this doctor so he can take a look and give me his opinion. I was somewhat shocked by the call. He put me on speaker phone and I spoke with the doctor. He told me that I have an ADVANCED case of degenerative disk disease and that he was shocked by what he saw. He said my films did not look like the back of a 33 year old. I have three disks involved and my L-5 has a pretty bad injury which he thinks is causing my pain. Here is where the story gets funny. He asked me who I was seeing so I told him Dr. Rodriguez in Aventura. I basically told him my history, where the pain was located, what I was doing, what meds I take, etc. I flat out asked him what my options were. He told me I could continue to see Dr. Rodriguez. He said he has a great reputation or I could see him. I told him I would like to see him because he is the best. He is going to have his nurse call me on Tuesday to schedule an appointment. I did not see a Dr. Rodriguez, I saw Dr. Rolando Garcia, lol. I think someone told me about DR. Rodriguez.


I called my cousin later in the day to thank him and ask him what the doctor told him. He said that he would try treating me with needles (whatever that might mean). If that does not alleviate any pain then a fusion. Hopefully whatever he does will help and no surgery.

I also took a walk to Lincoln Road around five with my sister. We ended up having a Pineapple Mojito at Cafeteria. Those drinks are soooo good. We had to ask for some extra lime, we both like it more tart than sweet. The lime did the trick.

I did a search on google today for travel bags for Elijah (my dog). I found a bunch but I also found something that I find ridiculous. It is this harness looking thing which you put on your dog and it has handles, kinda like a dog purse. . Not only is this product crazy but the pictures are so funny. If I ever saw a guy holding one of those I would really laugh in his face. Better yet, imagine the poor dog. I would think it would be uncomfortable, wouldn't you?

Ahh, almost forgot. I was cutting a baguette this afternoon in my hand. My cutting board was right under my hand but of course I decided to take a chance. Well I finally did it, I cut my finger instead of the baguette. It was bleeding for about ten minutes. I went to the bathroom in search of a band aide but no such luck. I think I have to set up a first aid kit. Wow, first aid kits for your pet, car, and boat.




I did need a band aid. I had some heavy duty packaging tape and a paper towel. I wrapped the towel around my finger and then taped it up!! It was better than a real band aide, it stayed on.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home