Sunday, September 11, 2005

Sunday.... Something came to mind. My sister just told me a very funny story which brought back this very hysterical memory... A strange date I once went one.

About three years ago my sister and I met this funny guy on Lincoln Road. He was always by himself, just strolling Lincoln Road or eating somewhere. One day we saw him in the morning eating breakfast at the Van Dyke and then later on that day my sister and I were having lunch with our friend Bruce and he walked by. We said hello and he somehow sat down at our table. Bruce really liked him, this guy and Bruce are both very funny. Phone numbers were exchanged and this guy and I began a friendship. He asked me out on a date and I said yes . I figured what do I have to lose. OH MY..... well he picked me up and had Sunflowers for me. I think I forgot to mention every Sunday he would get me SunFlowers on Lincoln Road, very nice, right? So I get in the car and we leave. As he was driving down the road I noticed that his brights were on. I mentioned it to him and he said,"I know they are on, it is not bothering me." I said well it is probably bothering the person in front of you. He ignored what I said and left his brights on. At this point I was thinking to myself this might make for an interesting evening.

We went to Pacific Time on Lincoln Road. The host sat us at a table which seemed to be fine. We sat down and my date, let's call him Charlie, called over the host and asked for another table. Of course the host got us another table. He insisted on sitting at a specific chair. I sat down , the waiter came over and asked if we would like something to drink. I ordered a dirty martini and he ordered an iced tea. The drinks arrived, I think I made a toast to myself.. Praying that the night would not get any worse. Actually, I really found his behavior to be entertaining, I did not get it. So I noticed Charlie put sweet n low in his iced tea but for the life of me I did not see the wrapper on the table, in the ash tray. It was nowhere to be found. I decided to wait until he got a refill to make sure that he was putting sweet n low in his tea. The waiter refilled it, Charlie put another pink packet in and like magic it disappeared. I was pretty sure I saw him throw the wrapper under the table. I could not hold back any longer so here goes nothing. I said to him, what are you doing with the wrapper? He said I am throwing them under the table! I nearly fell off my chair. I said why are you doing that. He said why not, that is why they have bus boys. I could not believe what came out of his mouth. At this point we were done with dinner and I was so ready to go home. We left the restaurant and he wanted to see a movie. I told him that I am ready to go home. He drove me home with his brights on. We got to my building and I said thank you. He said, "you aren't going to invite me up."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home