Friday, October 28, 2005
It was been crazy down here. Unfortunately I have had to drive up to Ft. Lauderdale the past few days to help my aunt who recently had surgery. Her nurse was not able to get to her due to the gas crisis. There are several gas stations around my house which as you can see from the pictures I have posted the lines are long which means bring a good book, maybe two.
I did have a full tank of gas which allowed my sister and I to drive to Ft. Lauderdale on Wednesday. I woke up on Thursday morning at 4:00 to head to the gas station to fill up with gas. I waited until around seven and was finally able to fill up. At seven I went to Publix to get water, canned food, bread and some other items to take to my aunts. We finally made it up to her house around 11 and stayed until 4. Once I got home I thought I would pass out from being so drained. No such luck, I listened to car alarms, drunks and sirens all night.
This has been a very stressful week for everyone in South Florida. I really do appreciate the things we take for granted, electric, water, AC, food, etc. Hopefully everything will begin to get back to normal.
The building where I live had extensive damage to the cooling tower. We might not have AC for six to eight weeks. The weather has been on the cooler side but every day it begins to get warmer. I have not had a decent nights sleep in a week. Sleeping pills do not even do the trick.
It was been crazy down here. Unfortunately I have had to drive up to Ft. Lauderdale the past few days to help my aunt who recently had surgery. Her nurse was not able to get to her due to the gas crisis. There are several gas stations around my house which as you can see from the pictures I have posted the lines are long which means bring a good book, maybe two.
I did have a full tank of gas which allowed my sister and I to drive to Ft. Lauderdale on Wednesday. I woke up on Thursday morning at 4:00 to head to the gas station to fill up with gas. I waited until around seven and was finally able to fill up. At seven I went to Publix to get water, canned food, bread and some other items to take to my aunts. We finally made it up to her house around 11 and stayed until 4. Once I got home I thought I would pass out from being so drained. No such luck, I listened to car alarms, drunks and sirens all night.
This has been a very stressful week for everyone in South Florida. I really do appreciate the things we take for granted, electric, water, AC, food, etc. Hopefully everything will begin to get back to normal.
The building where I live had extensive damage to the cooling tower. We might not have AC for six to eight weeks. The weather has been on the cooler side but every day it begins to get warmer. I have not had a decent nights sleep in a week. Sleeping pills do not even do the trick.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home