Sunday, November 06, 2005

Sunday, November 6,2005

Today is Sunday but we are going to back up to Friday night,, November 4

7:30 had plans with my neighbor Paula to get sushi and drinks. We went to Akairo on Espanola Way. The sushi is always great and the drinks are even better. We probably had one too many cocktails.
11:00 got home walked Elijah, hung out for a while but did not get to sleep until after one.

Saturday, November 5
7:00 woke up to the sun shining in my room
7:15 walked Elijah
7:30 got coffee
8:00 went to the gym
9:15 showered, received a call from my sister asking me if I wanted to get my nails done.
10:00 we took separate cars because I had some returns to make at the Aventura Mall and Wendy did not want to join me.
10:30 in the worst traffic on Biscayne. A combination of construction and downed power lines. I accomplished a lot of calls while I just sat in the car hoping the traffic would let up. I was organizing the plans for the night. Tonight was something that I have been waiting for for a long time. MATISYAHU was in concert at Revolution in Fort Lauderdale. This was a huge event for me. The plan was as follows: My friend Ben was going to pick my sister and I up at 6:30. We then were going to pick up my friend Elana in Aventura and head to Fort Lauderdale for dinner. We did not purchase our tickets ahead of time because we figured we will just buy them at the venue.
11:30 finally arrive at the nail place.
12:15 got called to the back to begin the toes. The massage chairs are so nice. Had a nice Asian guy do my nails.
12:45 began my finger nails
1:30 My nails were dry enough to leave. I decided I was too tired to go to Bloomingdales make my returns.
1:45 head home, stop to get a salad.
2:00 low blood sugar, ate my salad and decide a power nap was needed.
5:00 woke up and got ready for Matisyahu
6:30 Ben arrives, we head to Aventura to pick up Elana
7:15 Pick Elana up
7:45 arrive at Las Olas. Pick an Italian restaurant for dinner (forgot the name)
8:00 order a bottle of Pinot Noir and our dinner.
8:30 receive a call from my friend that was also going to Matisyahu. The call went as follows.
Dave: “Hey, where are you?
Ellyn: "we are having dinner on Las Olas.
Dave: "Have you been here yet?
Ellyn: No, why?
Dave: Well there is a line around the block and it is sold out.
Ellyn: No way.
Dave: Yes
Ellyn: hung up.

I shared this bit of information with my gang. I honestly could not believe it was sold out.

WHo is Dave.... Dave is actually the guy who introduced Matisyahu to me. When I found out Matisyahu was going to be playing in Ft. Lauderdale I knew Dave would be there. He also decided not to buy tickets online because like me he thought it would not be a problem, boy were we wrong. He called me on my cell phone while we were trying to come in. He must of done a lot of praying or paying because he was in the VIP section. I spotted him as he waved. He was not able to get us in but we did just fine on our own. Dave, if i have not thanked you for the introduction to Burk and Matisyahu.... THANKS... also... I have to say something... DUMB ASS.. also, about the fainting... You know why I fainted, right?

I bought a Matisyahu long sleeve shirt for myself and several Matisyahu concert Yammakas. I also got drunk on manishevitz wine.

Let me introduce you to some music... Pigeon John... google him.

9:00 Arrive at Revolution to tons of people, very interesting mix. Guess what… it was sold out.
9:45 Thanks to Chaz we got tickets and made our way through all of these people. The concert was outdoors and due to the cluster f-ck of people it was so hot, no movement of air.
10:00 Decided that there were way too many people. We tried to get our spot but it was not looking too good.
10:30 continued to push our way through the crowd trying to find our spot
11:00 really pushed through the crowd and eventually found a rather great spot, props to Elana.
11:15 Matisyahu appears and the crowd goes crazy.
11:30 I received a text message from my sister asking me where we were. I sent her back a message which said…”outside upstairs, great standing.
11:31 I began to feel really dizzy and hot. I tapped my friend Elana on the shoulder and said, Elana I think I am going to faint.
11;32 I fainted and that is all I remember. Elana is going to have to help me out with the rest of the night.


Here are some photos that Elana took:
at dinner
Ben and Elana
appetizer of little neck clams... they were good
look at those animals going for the food
the chef
the drunk chef
our food


The concert:





Matisyahu...sooo good



about ten minutes after I decided to put on a show of my own




Words can not describe how exhausted I am. I allowed my body to get three hours of shut eye, not rest. After my fainting episode at the concert I was a bit freaked out, was not too sure why I fainted thus did not want to close my eyes. I am now almost positive I fainted due to the extreme heat and perhaps the second hand smoke which filled the air.

Okay, so I have not taken a nap today. I have been keeping myself busy by cleaning, uploading pictures, attempting to write and Elijah had a play date with two adorable toy poodles. One is two and his name is Oscar and his sister is Zoe and she is just a little baby, only two pounds.

Here are some pictures:







1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was at Breman Motors today sitting in waiting room while my car was being serviced and everyone there was laughing about some stuck up snob who fainted at a concert the other night.

You should be a little nicer when you talk about people you don't know next time.

That's probably why you blacked out.

1:59 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home