Still Monday, September 19, 2005
Rita is still a Tropical Storm. Why Tropical? When I think Tropical I think of sun, palm trees, calm ocean, drinks, etc. There is nothing Tropical about this, Is there?
It seems like we just went through this yesterday. Our building at work closed at two. I was going to stop at Publix on my way home. Oh boy, what a cluster f-ck. I drove home and decided to walk to Publix being it is really right around the corner. Well I walked in and tried to get a cart, no cart. I saw a basket on the floor, attempted to pick it up and this lady picked a fight with me. She raised her voice, very nasty and said," that is my basket." I looked at her and said okay, it is your basket. I continued to try to make my way to the wine aisle. I could not make my way anywhere. The checkout lines were all the way down the food isles. I made a nice U- turn and exited the store.
I then came home and decided to eat something before I ventured out again. After I ate I decided to go to the Epicure, another mistake. I got stuck in the parking lot for ten minutes. I finally made my way out to West Ave. and tried to go to the Liquor Store, mistake number three. At this point I was about to give up and on the corner was a little convenience store. It was really cute, never saw it before. I think g-d placed it there just for me. I walked in and right before my eyes was what I needed... A bottle of wine!!
The news is still on, the wind is picking up and the rain has begun. It is only 6:20. I am beginning to get nervous. The wind is howling, rain is coming down and I still have furniture on my balcony, not smart. I think I should bring it in. I will return and post pictures later. This picture is of the parking lot at Publix, approximately 4:30

The rain started around 6:30


The sky was very pretty, around 7:30

Rita is still a Tropical Storm. Why Tropical? When I think Tropical I think of sun, palm trees, calm ocean, drinks, etc. There is nothing Tropical about this, Is there?
It seems like we just went through this yesterday. Our building at work closed at two. I was going to stop at Publix on my way home. Oh boy, what a cluster f-ck. I drove home and decided to walk to Publix being it is really right around the corner. Well I walked in and tried to get a cart, no cart. I saw a basket on the floor, attempted to pick it up and this lady picked a fight with me. She raised her voice, very nasty and said," that is my basket." I looked at her and said okay, it is your basket. I continued to try to make my way to the wine aisle. I could not make my way anywhere. The checkout lines were all the way down the food isles. I made a nice U- turn and exited the store.
I then came home and decided to eat something before I ventured out again. After I ate I decided to go to the Epicure, another mistake. I got stuck in the parking lot for ten minutes. I finally made my way out to West Ave. and tried to go to the Liquor Store, mistake number three. At this point I was about to give up and on the corner was a little convenience store. It was really cute, never saw it before. I think g-d placed it there just for me. I walked in and right before my eyes was what I needed... A bottle of wine!!
The news is still on, the wind is picking up and the rain has begun. It is only 6:20. I am beginning to get nervous. The wind is howling, rain is coming down and I still have furniture on my balcony, not smart. I think I should bring it in. I will return and post pictures later. This picture is of the parking lot at Publix, approximately 4:30


The rain started around 6:30


The sky was very pretty, around 7:30


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home